Friday, November 9, 2007

The little things


So, here we are with a wine bottle cork on my desk. I took this a few hours ago as I was getting my morning off to a good start. I started with a little dish duty and procedded to eat a bowl of cerrial with yogurt and have a cup of very strong coffee. Now, I know this all seams so not related to a wine bottle cork, however the image of the cork was waiting in the wings. so to speak. Waiting in the wings of my mind. I had the idea that I wanted to reuse them for something that I'd seen in a picture where they had takken all these wine bottle corks and glued them to a board and made a peg board type thing. I was cool, but I didn't want to go that far cause I'm afraid people would get the wrong idea when they came to our house and saw this huge number of wine bottle corks! A couple wineo's live here, a? So that's the idea that bounced around in my head and caused me to post this image of the wine cork today.

I'm getting information about guiding right now. Something I've always wanted to do, but for a host of reasons didn't. But, if my life has proven nothing it's proven that it's never to late to start. So I've contacted a local guide Jeff Fassett to see if he'll give me any helpful info and I'm checking in to the required certificates and certifications. I've enrolled in a Wilderness Frist Responder Course starting in Jan. in Fort Collins. I think i would love guiding all kinds of outdoor things. Snowshoeing, skiing, rockclimbing, ice climbing or even just hiking.
**I mean come on who wouldn't like to spend as much time as they could in places like this doing that!***

Ok, Many people would not want to do that, however I think it's a promising field with a lot of potential for growth. Maybe not rocking climbing, but hiking and skiing and snowshoeing those areas are sure to explode with all the boomers moving west as they retire. Who knows? It's a field that I can say I really wouldn't mind going to work every day to do. So, like my mom always said, "find something you love to do, and you'll never work a day in your life". Sound's good to me.

No comments: